Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#451 Tue, Dec25 2018 1:44am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

huoomm ... thanks, Master Ddaines ... I feel free to comment right away ... huom ... you're the only one so far who has unpacked and dared to take his time to ... er ... assemble that Dwarven scribe release ... huooommm ... you found some nice words about assembling those scattered pieces, as you used the words "bl**dy fiddly job" and with those words you were very polite somehow, as I think ... gru°Ouommm ... indeed I did really criticise those MZ-releases ... I thought I might be allowed to do that ... ggrrrr°Uom ... I wish you good luck if you ever want to assemble that left elbow of the Rohir minstrel  ... hmmm ... though that mounted Dunadan with a falcon is easier to cope with, as that "piece" is ... er ... you just have to assemble two feet and an arm with a two-dimensional falcon ... huooommm ... that's when you are about to respect that the rider is casted definitely with the  horse (do the words M "Swan -Knights" ring a bell?) ... rhguôm ... that's alright as it keeps you from the problems of also having to assemble those parts of the horsed falconer ... so to say ... huom .... but before I can really judge about a figure I now have to find the time to spray-prime the figures (just to find out about "better details") but that takes some time as you won't do that in your living room, do you. - Without that grey primer it has become a bit more difficult to judge upon a figure ... and even more difficult to find a primer that might be appropriately - but that's the risk of a collector, I have learned by now ... at least I could be patient with the fact that because of that the fact that the price hasn't changed until now .... huooommmm .... though those "stills" (screenshots?) of a part in the MZ-brush does not give you any idea about how what the figure will appear .... indeed, I said that before ... but this to me is just cheating customers (the pics, I mean) ... grrrrûohm ...
Anyway ... I still keep to stay to my criticism about that wonderful "MZ-Mithril revelopment" - sorry ... just a pun ... so, get along well mefriends ... enjoy furtheron ... huooommm ....
I do know that sometimes I am not just a little bit annoyed about some matters have been turning worse ... huommmm ... cheers   ... tree? it's me that (talkative one) ... all the best for next year, but this year again no Christmas-riddle - no time for that, sorry ... I'm still awaiting younger trees to take over ... huooohmm ...

#452 Tue, Dec25 2018 10:44am

hsf62
Master Caster

"hmmm ... though that mounted Dunadan with a falcon is easier to cope with, as that "piece" is ... er ... you just have to assemble two feet and an arm with a two-dimensional falcon ... huooommm ... that's when you are about to respect that the rider is casted definitely with the  horse (do the words M "Swan -Knights" ring a bell?) ..."
WTF????
Maybe I don't like that ranger with a two-dimensional falcon after all!
I guess it was a great thing to change to MZ. After all we now can clearly see all the details.... which are missing! sad

Last edited by hsf62 (Tue, Dec25 2018 10:45am)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#453 Tue, Dec25 2018 10:47am

hsf62
Master Caster

Well well, Hope all of you are in good health and enjoing the christmas hollydays!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#454 Tue, Dec25 2018 5:56pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Merry Christmas to all who visit the Pony. Barli, can you make a Scrumpy-Nog for everyone? It probably won't taste that good, but might bring a laugh or two!

I have been assured that the two new Lorien Boats will be much easier to assemble that the first one--we shall see.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#455 Tue, Dec25 2018 6:02pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

merry christmas to everybody, the next round is on me.
to prevent our esteemed barkeeper from charging me twice, nog will bring us the drinks, yes? cheers! big_smile

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#456 Mon, Dec31 2018 11:09pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I wish you all a happy new year ladies and gentlemen, may it be full of joy, health, love, happiness, and wealth  for all of you, your families and closed ones.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#457 Mon, Dec31 2018 11:39pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I join myself with the thoughts expressed by Master Gildor...all the best in new year guys.... Cheers !

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#458 Tue, Jan1 2019 10:34am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuoom ... yes indeed ... I was about to wish you all everything of that what Master Gildor said right in time ... rhûomm ... well, you know that I (still) cannot haste everything ... huom ... I will have to learn ... hm ... "... "and a Happy New Year" that line after the best wishes for Christmas reads in that song, I think to remember ... hUUuuommm .... have a good one, everybody around here ... hom

#459 Tue, Jan1 2019 3:46pm

hsf62
Master Caster

The countdown for 2019 has begun! To everyone the best wishes!

#460 Tue, Jan1 2019 4:32pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

HNY everyone may 2019 be a good one for all wink

#461 Wed, Jan2 2019 3:54pm

Mornedhel
Traveller

Wish you a better new year

#462 Wed, Jan2 2019 4:44pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Best Wishes to all for this new year! Barli, let's start off with a round of drinks for everyone!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#463 Wed, Jan2 2019 8:19pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you Tom wink

#464 Wed, Jan9 2019 3:50pm

Maenas
Traveller

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR! Cheers friends!

MZ - I bought the first one, and I regret it since I opened the box.
I haven't bought any of the new ones, although I've been tempted by some of the releases, your comments, my own believing and an excessive price retained me from doing so.

The loss of detail might be caused by the "sanding" made on the printed master to erase the printed lines of it. Or could also be due to a lack of detail on digital file or might be also a lack of resolution of the master.

I've seen lots of metal miniatures coming from 3D printed masters that are hundreds of times better.

Mithril has probably lost the quality seal on the whole MZ line somewhere in translation....

Editing just to add, that now I don't even bother to vote on the fellowship, it doesn't matter because the result miniature will be deceiving, not from conception, but from the printing/casting. sad

Last edited by Maenas (Wed, Jan9 2019 3:54pm)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#465 Wed, Jan9 2019 5:46pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... thank you very much, Master Maenas, for that very interesting statement about those MZ-releases ... hom ... as it meets my opinion very well ... grrrrrruUOo°mmm ... just compare one of those very poor MZ-figures with those from the old ones .... huommrhûom ... for me that MZ-"mis-development" simply is horrible in each and every way ... huom ... sorry to say that here again - but I'm still angry about this ... hom

#466 Mon, Jan14 2019 11:53am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Maenas wrote:

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR! Cheers friends!
The loss of detail might be caused by the "sanding" made on the printed master to erase the printed lines of it. Or could also be due to a lack of detail on digital file or might be also a lack of resolution of the master.

I am not so absolute with MZ beside the lack of details. Some of them offered new poses or vignettes not met before as MZ651.

Master Maenas, 3D polymer printing doesn't need any sanding and the mould master at PA I met some years ago is performing the same "mechanical" job as for the M series.
One point is The Man seems less enthusiast in sculpting fine detail as before (as well as exchanging with the fellowship members).

Last edited by Mornedhel (Mon, Jan14 2019 11:56am)

#467 Mon, Jan14 2019 9:00pm

Maenas
Traveller

Mornedhel wrote:

I am not so absolute with MZ beside the lack of details. Some of them offered new poses or vignettes not met before as MZ651.

I agree with that, and I was tempted by those, but I don't usually buy a mini just for its pose. tongue In fact I nowadays don't buy a lot of miniatures, and I might have come a bit more "exquisite" with what I take home, because my wallet has now a narrower budget.

Mornedhel wrote:

Master Maenas, 3D polymer printing doesn't need any sanding and the mould master at PA I met some years ago is performing the same "mechanical" job as for the M series.
One point is The Man seems less enthusiast in sculpting fine detail as before (as well as exchanging with the fellowship members).

You might be right, as I am not even an "aficionado" to 3D printing, but as far as I know the good printing (highly expensive) does not need it. On the other hand, I had read somewhere, that when your master is not good enough, you can get rid of the "printed texture" by sanding the master.

(Sanding can be performed in a lot of ways)

I did not find the place where I read it, but here you have an example of what I mean wink
https://rigid.ink/blogs/news/how-to-smo … ror-finish

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#468 Thu, Jan24 2019 1:52pm

Maenas
Traveller

Passing by to share some news from the outskirts of hobitton... I'll leave a poster on the news wall...

For those who could be interested in Middle earth illustrations&art:

Donato Gianccola is going to publish a fine artbook on the lore: +info (and fine illustrations) on the link below
http://www.muddycolors.com/2019/01/midd … nd-legend/

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#469 Thu, Jan24 2019 3:57pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huom ... thank you for that link, Master Maenas, that's very interesting ...

#470 Thu, Jan24 2019 6:00pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you, I have this one on my 'watch' list wink

#471 Fri, Jan25 2019 9:44am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Very nice indeed... thanks for this link...

#472 Mon, Feb4 2019 5:00pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master mindx2 please join me for a drink.

#473 Mon, Feb4 2019 5:09pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Barliman do you have something very strong? I think our friend needs it!wink

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Feb4 2019 6:20pm)

#474 Mon, Feb4 2019 6:50pm

mindx2
Collector

I need a strong one!

#475 Tue, Feb5 2019 10:06am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Recently there is more dust in the inn than the thirsty free folk members....

Board footer