You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Tue, Nov10 2020 8:10am

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Re: Trophée Mithril Maniac

Hello Théobald,
Well done !
You are absolutely right! And for everything!
As I wrote previously, I have not collected Mithril figurines for over 20 years. There would be too many references to recover and among them, some are today impossible to find and artistically not very exciting.
On the other hand, we have a reservoir of old references which are for the great majority (the M references) really very successful. Elrohir is a perfect example.

#77 Mon, Nov16 2020 5:00pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Strider visiting the new Tarproom 5 big_smile

Click to close

He continues his journey towards the Mithril 2021 trophy  wink

#78 Mon, Nov16 2020 9:35pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Very nice...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#79 Thu, Dec17 2020 3:13pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Devinez qui vient leur rendre visite ? wink

Click to close

Guess who comes to visit them ? wink

#80 Thu, Dec17 2020 11:38pm

Gerold
Adventurer

A Bree gate-warden (M116a?) and the lute-player (M120a).

You chose beautiful colors and details are very well done, like the keys on the belt of the warden and the strings of the lute.
The warden makes me think of Sean Connery smile

#81 Fri, Dec18 2020 9:09am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Magnifique

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#82 Fri, Dec18 2020 2:48pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Very nice smile - the figures complement each other very well.

#83 Sun, Dec20 2020 3:37pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Oui, c'est Strider !
Il est  toujours en ballade , explorant de  nouveaux lieux ou pas,  comme ici, où il semble avoir fait un petit crochet par Bree big_smile

Click to close

Yes, it's Strider!
He's always out for a walk, exploring new places or not, like here, where he seems to have made a little detour by Bree: D
Thank you all for your last comments.

#84 Sun, Dec20 2020 11:05pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Excellent Fabrice! Very well done. Do you know Richard Poisson? He has painted many Mithrils.

#85 Mon, Dec21 2020 5:46pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Bonjour Wendy,
merci pour tes commentaires.
Oui je connais  Richard et feu son épouse, Catherine.
Ils ont, un temps, adhéré à Myth'Image/Mithril Maniac.
Richard a d'ailleurs remporté le Trophée mithril Maniac au moins deux fois je crois.
C'est un bon peintre de figurines.
Je pense vous montrer prochainement dans la rubrique "Il était une fois Myth'Image Mithril Maniac", des photos, non pas des gagnants du trophée, mais leurs réalisations.

Hello Wendy,
Thank you for your comments.
Yes I know Richard and his late wife, Catherine.
They once joined Myth'Image / Mithril Maniac.
Richard has won the Mithril Maniac Trophy at least twice I believe.
He is a good painter of figurines.
I think I will show you soon in the section "Once upon a time Myth'Image Mithril Maniac", photos, not of the winners of the trophy, but of their achievements.

#86 Fri, Jan15 2021 4:48pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Bonjour les Mithril Nautes !
Je devrais avoir un peu de temps ce week-end pour terminer la peinture d'Isildur M 272. Il me reste à peindre les gants, je pensais les laisser en blanc nacré mais le résultat ne me plait guère. Que diriez-vous d'un vert ocre jaune ?
A votre bon cœur messieurs ! big_smile

Click to close
Click to close

Hello Mithril Nautes !
I should have some time this weekend to finish painting Isildur M 272. I still have to paint the gloves, I am thinking of leaving them pearly white, but I don't like the result. How about a yellow ocher green?
To your good heart, gentlemen !

#87 Tue, Jan19 2021 1:33pm

Maenas
Traveller

It could work I think, as long as it stays muted/subdued.
As it could also work some cold or neutral mid-grey. I think the only problem now, is that the white is a bit too bright, so its draws too much attention.
Beautiful work by the way smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#88 Tue, Jan19 2021 1:44pm

Gerold
Adventurer

I think you should stay with the color pattern of grey, blue and blue gray.
Or the tan color you used for the belt, could also work for the gloves.
That's what I should do.
If it was my work.

#89 Tue, Jan19 2021 7:17pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Very nice !

#90 Sat, Jan23 2021 4:52pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Merci pour vos conseils Messieurs  Maenas et Gerold.

Il m'est déjà arrivé par le passé de mettre une figurine de côté, ne sachant pas comment la terminer. Pour celle-ci, mon schéma de couleur était simple, copier celui que Jacques avait appliqué sur son Isildur et je l'ai un peu modifié en accentuant  le bleu. Mais dans la version MS 226,  Isildur ne portait pas ses gants. Je n'avais pas suffisamment analyser ce détail  lorsque je me suis lancé dans sa peinture. Une petite erreur, mais rien de grave. Je pense donc  me laisser encore le temps de la réflexion avant de l'achever.

L'autre référence d'Isildur MS 534 est également à l'arrêt. Le schéma de couleur est un mixte de des deux versions sus-citées. C'est la mise en couleur de la cape qui me pose problème. Avec ou sans motifs et lesquels ? Le choix de la couleur de la cape n'est pas encore totalement définie. Wait and see !

Depuis, j'ai donc préféré me consacrer au décapage et à l'ébavurage de figurines. C'est un travail que je n'aime guère mais indispensable pour obtenir le meilleur rendu final de la figurine peinte. Enlever les lignes de jointures du moule en les ponçant, reboucher des trous au Milliput. Un examen minutieux s'impose et gare aux oublis lorsque vous les apprêtez sinon la besogne est à refaire. Elles sont donc une petite dizaine devant moi à attendre d'être sous couchées. Combien de temps avant d'être peintes ? Longtemps, d'autant plus que je m'attaque au meilleur ami de l'être humain, le cheval !

Nous avions consacré une planche couleur de notre fanzine Mithril Maniac à quelques unes de nos peintures équestres.
Je vous  laisse la découvrir dans "One upon a time Mithril Maniac/Myth'Image". Rendons à César ce qui lui appartient  big_smile !

Thank you for your advice Messrs Maenas and Gerold.

It has happened in the past to put a figure aside, not knowing how to finish it. For this one, my color scheme was simple, copy the one Jacques had applied to his Isildur and I modified it a little by emphasizing the blue. But in the MS 226 version, Isildur was not wearing his gloves. I did not sufficiently analyze this detail when I launched into his painting. A small mistake, but nothing serious. So I think I will still give myself time to think it over before finishing it.

The other Isildur MS 534 reference is also at a standstill. The color scheme is a mixture of the two above-mentioned versions. It's the coloring of the cape that causes me problem. With or without reasons and which ones? The choice of the color of the cape is not yet fully defined. Wait and see!

Since then, I have preferred to devote myself to stripping and deburring figurines. It is a job that I do not like much but essential to obtain the best final rendering of the painted figurine. Remove the mold seam lines by sanding them, fill the holes with Milliput. Careful examination is required and beware of omissions when you prepare them otherwise the job has to be redone. There are therefore a dozen in front of me waiting to be lying down. How long before being painted? For a long time, especially since I am attacking the best friend of the human being, the horse!

We had dedicated a color plate from our Mithril Maniac fanzine to some of our equestrian paintings.
I let you discover it in "One upon a time Mithril Maniac / Myth'Image". Let us give back to Caesar what belongs to him big_smile !

Last edited by Fabrice JACOB (Sat, Jan23 2021 5:01pm)

#91 Sun, Feb14 2021 2:21pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hello MithrilNautes !
Not many people around lately ...sad
As I could tell you the road will still be long from here to the Western Open of the figurine. Objective 2022 !
That doesn't stop Strider from continuing to explore new lands and discover the tombs of the kings of old.
Do you well.

Click to close

#92 Sun, Mar14 2021 4:05pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hello Mithril Nautes?
I am quite surprised that there is no post on the painting challenge launched by Mithril.ie.
Is it your collector's side that does not vibrate in front of this challenge or anything else different ?
For my part, I will not be able to participate but I would have liked to devote a little time to it.
Be careful all.

#93 Tue, Mar16 2021 10:37am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for reviving our soul.
I feel, such mini should be part of a hobbit hole diorama and it requires much more time than just painting.
So maybe I will have a go, maybe not.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#94 Wed, Mar17 2021 10:21pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Fabrice JACOB wrote:

Hello Mithril Nautes?
I am quite surprised that there is no post on the painting challenge launched by Mithril.ie.
Is it your collector's side that does not vibrate in front of this challenge or anything else different ?
For my part, I will not be able to participate but I would have liked to devote a little time to it.
Be careful all.

I will need to purchase it first, and as Master Milo says, more than the figure is required smile

#95 Thu, Mar18 2021 8:12pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I'm not sure If I will be part of this challenge... I do not produce dioramas from mitrhil figures... Master David is perfect candidate for this year winner... So I will wote for him (in advance)... But he need to buy MZ690 first....

#96 Thu, Apr29 2021 3:09pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hello Mithril Nautes !
Hope care with you and your family !

"We used to say with Jacques that our respective collections would give us material to paint for the rest of our days, which we hoped would be distant.
Unfortunately the start came much faster than we had imagined for Jacques.

I inherited the Mithril collection from Jacques when he passed away.
Besides its beautiful painted figurines, there are also quite a few figurines still in blister packs, like those from my own collection.
I have not made the exact count of what I have but it must represent at the very least close to 1000 Mithril figurines, with multiple doubles or triples, all dating from before 2003. Besides, I draw in these last to regularly present my achievements.
A decade wouldn't be enough for me to paint half of them. However, it is perhaps this lapse of time that I have left to paint satisfactorily, before my sight betrays me definitively and old age no longer allows me to perform the same fine motor skills as today.

I would define myself today as a painter of Mithril.
I am no longer an avid collector like most of you.
I no longer feel the need to own them all, as I did thirty years ago.
Ah this fever that overwhelms you at the idea of ​​being able to fill a void in your collection ...

I don't want to keep all of his miniatures.
Also if you are missing some references and want to acquire them (provided I have them), you can contact me in MP.
Hurry, I intend to get rid of a good part of them, during the ODO 2022.
big_smile
It’s recently been officiated. The town hall of Couëron gives us access to the room of the Fraternity in May 2022, but we remain dependent on the French presidential elections to know exactly the right weekend. To be continued !
"

Last edited by Fabrice JACOB (Thu, Apr29 2021 3:12pm)

#97 Thu, Apr29 2021 6:42pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I just took another look at where exactly Couëron is. This year, unfortunately, there are still no airlines flying to Nantes. I mean there aren't any out of the airport mind environment. Everything is still in no schedule status due to COVID... I hope 2022 will be finaly fine for flying without any obstacles.

Let me follow up on the text written above. It is sad to read that the collections are quietly passing from hand to hand and it is not known what will happen to them next. The younger generations are not so interested in mithril. I specifically have everything I want and I don’t need anything. I painted all the figures. I'll paint them as soon as the package arrives. I love seeing them painted. Somehow they come to life in my hands when they are painted.

I don’t like to think about what will happen to them one day. Who knows. My daughter says she will save everything. But while we can enjoy this world of mithril figures, it’s good!
I will definitely stop buying them one day when Chris stops being their author. The computer can design them and programmatically copy them indefinitely. But that will no longer be the real thing.

Not for this kind of figures...

#98 Thu, Apr29 2021 7:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well my dear Fabrice , you know what I am looking for smile I could contact you but well... this is special...

Still knowing what is in the colleciton might be interesting too smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#99 Sun, May2 2021 8:56pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

I would like so much that you could be present at the ODO 2022 Master Thingol. I hope this can be done with an accessible flight to Nantes.

Master Gildor Inglorion, nothing is impossible ! You have proven it to us many times !

#100 Mon, May3 2021 6:07pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Fabrice JACOB wrote:

I would like so much that you could be present at the ODO 2022 Master Thingol. I hope this can be done with an accessible flight to Nantes.

We will see, my wife adore that part of France, so I think our vacation isn't mission impossible :-)

Board footer