Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, May8 2011 1:54pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

My work by Sevlag

After Having on the forum of Thingol to put it my realizations (excuse me Thingol roll) and further to the advice of Milo, I open my topic to present you some of my works
By way of shop window I re-used a wooden casket with whisky
Click to close
The first one : MV362    Bilbo surrenders The One Ring
Click to close
M113    Strider, Frodo & Sam 
Click to close
MB300    The Balrog of Moria
Click to close
Click to close
MB279    The Lord of the Nazgul
Click to close
Click to close
MB418 : Mûmak of Harad - Oliphaunt
Click to close
Click to close
The Hobbits, I painted them there is for a long long time
Click to close
Click to close
M139 : Aragorn & Arwen
Click to close
Click to close

Here we are, that's it for today wink
I look forward to your comments big_smile
Some made it on the forum of Thingol and I thank them for it

#2 Sun, May8 2011 2:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: My work by Sevlag

It really is a pleasure to watch the pics, Mistress Sevlag. So keep on, please.

#3 Sun, May8 2011 5:00pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Beautiful work!

#4 Sun, May8 2011 6:21pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theobald wrote:

It really is a pleasure to watch the pics, Mistress Sevlag. So keep on, please.

...... I share the opinion of our wisest Master tree....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Mon, May9 2011 9:02am

erchamion
Adventurer

Ohhh! Whats beautiful pics! smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#6 Mon, May9 2011 9:11am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I like your choices and composition very much. Show us more ! big_smile

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#7 Wed, May11 2011 3:07am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Very nice Sevlag! I don't have much time to paint anymore, but really enjoy seeing your's and the other member's. Keep showing us your work!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#8 Fri, Jul29 2011 6:29pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Hi Master Caster.
If you want, I present me : My name is Séverine
I'm 40th, I'm married, One child : a Boy - 7th years old.
I lived in France, near Futuroscope.
I bought my first figurines in 1988, and paint them. After that and during 10 years I didn't buy them (no time, no money), and this winter, further to a prolonged sick leave, I took back my collection.
With regard to you all, I have no it a lot (env 120), I buy more on very favorite or on an idea of diorama, Especially because I have no consequent budget. I like paint them and make a little diorama
My husband make collection Warhammer on The lord of the Rings, the film.....
In your links, I find it :
my elven name is Lúthien Felagund (very great name, I like it:D)
my hobbit name is Ivy Bunce of Brockenborings
Some photos :
On the left, my first figurine (buy and paint) : Elrond
Click to close
Click to close
and the last one for tonight
Click to close
That's all wink

#9 Fri, Jul29 2011 8:43pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Interesting informations dear mithril lady..... also the pictures... I did not made any picture from grandma's garden for a almost 4 months... I will do something this weekend... thanks for the inspiration...

I really like your painting job smile, but I think that figures would be a little bit better if you decide to use dull or mat colors... !

Last edited by Thingol (Fri, Jul29 2011 8:44pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#10 Fri, Jul29 2011 10:35pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Yes, very interesting information, Mistress sevlag. And very kind of you to share them with us.
Also- very kind of you to look here more often. It is worth doing so.
I like your painting examples. Tell me/us: what colours do you use?

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#11 Sat, Jul30 2011 1:02am

hsf62
Master Caster

my dear lady, thank you for all this info and pictures of great painted minis. I can picture you as a elf and the name Lúthien Felagund is very nice indeed. Maybe if you like Gildor could change your "collector" status to a name you would like. I think I just got the right figure to represent you in "my Pony" project if you like to be represented as a female elf.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#12 Sun, Jul31 2011 7:19am

sevlag
Collector
Website

Ouah cool  Master Caster, you have a very good idea big_smile
Now that I know my elven name, that would please me to find a figurine which represents me and once painted to ask Gildor to modify my profile with my elven name and my figurine. And of course join this figurine into the project
What is this figurine which you found?

#13 Sun, Jul31 2011 7:26am

sevlag
Collector
Website

For the figurines which I put higher, they are ancient. In this period, as I began, I painted with the paints of my models and when I had finished I paint with glittering varnish to protect them. That's why they shine a little.hmm
Now, I have paints Games workshop and citadel and I do not varnish them any more wink

#14 Sun, Jul31 2011 7:41am

hsf62
Master Caster

I thought of the PM2.
the hobbits in here are getting to lazy Barli is to heavy and might not be such a pleasure to look at and I thought someone has to dance on the table...... lol

Click to close

Last edited by hsf62 (Sun, Jul31 2011 7:58am)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#15 Sun, Jul31 2011 10:37am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Master Caster, .... please ... hold back a bit, you're talking to a lady.
Having had a closer look at Mistress Sevlag's avatar-pic I just witnessed that there's a falcon missing on the right arm ....

#16 Sun, Jul31 2011 11:23am

sevlag
Collector
Website

Thank you gentlemen.
I'm agree with Theobald. Master Caster, You are very nice big_smile, this figure is very beautiful, but I am not also fine and I dance very badly.
Sure, if the figurines have to represent us, it would be rather for me : one wood's elf , with a hawk in the left hand (I am right-handed, so I hold the bird on the other arm) and ready to have an apéritif and indeed to eat tongue
Would you have such a figurine?hmm

#17 Sun, Jul31 2011 12:14pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Ent, I knew I was talking to a Lady, but I sensed some humor and after all I'm a shitstearer! big_smile Beside that fact the figure shown (PM2) is the original, not what I had in mind to convert it into. Galadriel is a nice figure and I like mounted figures, but since when do we have horses in the taproom? Ent's, wargskins, hobbits, cats, rats sometimes orcs and trolls, but no horses. Yes, I can see a falcon, but still no horse, even if there is a saying drinking like a horse, it might not actually come from a horse drinking in a taproom.lol
Ok, Mistress Sevlag, please don't take offence, that was not my intent. All elfs are of fine built and can dance, some more some less and I don't think a elf would dance on any table and fact is, I never have seen one dancing on a table either...
Well, I don't look anything like the hobbit I've converted either.

Click to close

Now you can trust me and wait for the final product and might be surprised, or pick a figure which you think represents you.
I convert whatever I want to convert anyway. cool

Last edited by hsf62 (Sun, Jul31 2011 12:15pm)

#18 Sun, Jul31 2011 12:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

trust me I have seen MANY elves dancing on tables ... elsewhere... with very light clothing too.. but tha's another topic...

you are right master caster, horses are not permitted in a taproom wink taht would not be fitting wink

in addition, Galadriel.... with a hawk or eagle on her arm would seem odd don't you think... because it is Galadriel.... not about the figurine itself..

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#19 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:07pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Don't worry, I have a lot of humor and I had not bad taken it big_smile
I can't see a horse in the taproom too wink
When I created my avatar I took Galadriel because it was the fastest and what occured me at once, but maybe not what looked like me most.
I like the nature as the elves and I respect it. I like birds of prey, animals generally, I like the friendship and the truth. But I also like the a good meal between friends and the motorcycle (but there it's not too much the theme at Tolkien tonguewink)
But I like surprise too, so I believe that I am going to trust you Master caster, your job is impressive and if you want I can wait for the final result big_smile

#20 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:25pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Show me the dancing elfs Master Gildor.... please!  Or are you talking about your own experiences... lol
Galadriel with a hawk wouldn't be Galadriel anymore when I'm finished with her lol, but I also don't think elfs would go hunting with a hawk in full armour.....

Birds of prey and motorbikes have something in common and that is the representation for freedom! I like that very much too! cool
Now isn't freedom what is it all about in Tolkiens writings? There for not that far of topic... wink
Well, Mistress Sevlag thank you for your trust, we all have to make our own decisions and I have made mine already..... be surprised! big_smile

#21 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:28pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

As promised, here are of new photos.
Here is the desk where I work and paint.
Click to close
The majority of my figurines
Click to close
My husband's desk, with his warhammer's figurines
Click to close
And, before showing you the other figurines, I would like to show you 2 realizations which are not of Mithril but which I like
A griffon :
Click to close  Click to close
Click to close
And the one that I prefer, a dragon :
Click to close Click to close
Click to close
That's all.

#22 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:35pm

hsf62
Master Caster

So far I have seen 2 similar looking desks like yours.... mine (very messy) and the one from Chris Tubb! cool

#23 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:36pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Love the dragon, what company is it from?

#24 Sun, Jul31 2011 1:44pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

I can't remember the company for the dragon hmm
I bought it there are about 20 years in the small store where I bought my figurines mithril.

Last edited by sevlag (Sun, Jul31 2011 3:21pm)

#25 Sun, Jul31 2011 2:09pm

hsf62
Master Caster

What a shame sad

Board footer