Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#776 Mon, Mar1 2021 11:49am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: The Travelling Elrond

Perhaps he's had to take shelter somewhere because of the pandemic?

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#777 Tue, Apr20 2021 12:29pm

Maenas
Traveller

No news from Elrond since last November, I am starting to worry about him... not sure if elves are COVID immune.... He should start making his suitcase to visit his following host by now... or at least planning to do so before the end of this spring. smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#778 Sat, May15 2021 11:14am

Maenas
Traveller

Again no news from Twrich nor Gavin since very long ago.

We do not even know if it has left from Twrich's place or if he is in London with Gavin. sad

Last time Gavin connected into the forum was on May 2020 and it would be an enormous pity to loose Elrond's track without digitalising his travel memories since the very beginning....

Milo should already be preparing his home to host Elrond by now... (you know, Elrond has some very expensive elven tastes...) xD

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#779 Tue, May25 2021 4:08am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

I have news on Elrond. Thank you Maenas for emailing me. First, Elrond is safe and not lost, at least not anymore. As I reported to Josep, I sent Elrond along to Gavin in early December. Then, mysteriously he was returned to me over a month ago. A 4 month delay! After Josep's email to me I contacted Gavin, and he replied today. He has changed apartment units, but was in the same building still. I have no idea why it took so long for the Canadian and/or US post offices to return the package as "undeliverable." Although though I know that some international mail has been significantly delayed over the past year--a package from Mithril took over two months to reach me over the holidays around the same time that I sent Elrond off to Gavin. I admit that with work, coronavirus and other cares I did not act on this very fast. Those are excuses, I know, and I apologize sincerely. So prompted by Maenas, I emailed Gavin again to confirm his postal address and he told me of the change. I will resend the package, registered this time for tacking, tomorrow.

Again, I apologize for the delay.

Last edited by twrich (Tue, May25 2021 5:19am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#780 Tue, May25 2021 6:32am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

that's amazing how this travelling Elrond is surviving all those adventures  in the mail through years... that's certainly a more dangerous one than the one lived by Bilbo or Frodo smile...
If we take into consideration we are in the 5th age of the world (nearly the 6th?) and he's been around since the end of the First age ! smile

that's great news smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#781 Tue, May25 2021 9:16am

Maenas
Traveller

Thank you Tom for the update, I was really worried about Elrond this time!
Let's hope that Gavin will enter to the forums to give us insight as soon as Elrond reaches his home.

Elrond's present path:
Twrich (Minneapolis) ----->
Gavin (Canada)

List for future Elrond hosts:
Milo (France)
Imisel (Spain)
Mornedhel (Belgium)
Gerold (Belgium)
Maenas (Spain)

Last edited by Maenas (Tue, May25 2021 9:20am)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#782 Tue, May25 2021 2:13pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

But it will be fine to see some of the photos from his adventures....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#783 Tue, May25 2021 9:08pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hurrah!!!😇

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#784 Tue, May25 2021 11:48pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Hmm ... I'm glad to learn that Elrond's travels are about to be continued once again.
There's one thing I'm really interested in by now: what is the present size of Elrond's travelling-parcel now??? I just recall that it had to be (slightly) extended one or two times.
So I would be very thankful if some of those hosts now being involved in the present steps of Elrond's travels would provide a pic of the parcel (outside !)... not of the content,please.

The "Travelling Elrond", our dear Mistress Wendy once started, seems not to have lost its magic.

By now I can imagine that it might take some days to unpack the parcel carefully. Then some more days to check all of the content. Alas. - Then you have to read quite a lot of interesting comments in small books. Some more days might be necessary to look at pictures included. - That's hard work all in all, but it's not all there is about it.  ..... Whoops ... I'm glad that I was once through with all that what I hosted and that was ages ago ... though I really still enjoy what I remember still.

That "Travelling Elrond - figure is one of my favourite "Mithrils" as he definitely did never tend to haste anything. I do confirm this as an Ent. RHhuûoôOOmmmmm ... mmm

#785 Wed, May26 2021 7:09am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Thankfully, for all those travels, it's been quite some time that our dear Elrond is not alone anymore and has some company in each of his trips smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#786 Wed, May26 2021 8:14am

imisel
Collector

Great news!  I hope I can host him along this year (or next) after his visit to Maese Milo.

By the way... Any can give some feedback about when his travel started? I saw that the messages in this thread begin in 2008, but It seems that Elrond began his journey a bit early!

Last edited by imisel (Wed, May26 2021 8:18am)

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#787 Wed, May26 2021 10:07am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Elrond began his journey, back with the old Mithrandir website. originally it's wendy project (and her own figurine),
I trace back old website history here :

"08.07.05 Wendy and many of the forum regulars are sending her painted Elrond miniature on a worldwide trip this fall, including brief visits to Chris Tubb's workshop in the U.K. and the Mithril factory in Ireland. We'd love for Master Elrond to visit you, too! For more information on Traveling Elrond, and to add your home town to Elrond's itinerary, please drop by the forum."

which leads me to notice that "Many Mithril Pages" was founded on February 2nd 2005 by Mark 'Mithrandir'

#788 Wed, May26 2021 12:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ah well, yes, I can confirm this, Master Gildor. Good old "Mithrandir" (Marc Campbell) with his Many Mithril Pages in 2005.
Then later the shocking disappearance of MMP on the net.
In January 2008 we got in contact, Master Gildor (if you do rmember), about re-opening of a new MMP. Fortunately you had the skills and possibilities to try to do so. In those days Wendy and I also tried to help a little bit with what was left. Well, nothing was saved well enough, so nearly everything of the old MMP got unfortunately and definitely lost.
To find out about the old pictures of the "Traveling Elrond" Wendy tried to help. But neither Ken nor Dave (of the old MMP - Shadowspawn and Sherie) saved old pics, as Wendy told me.

So, that January in 2008 mmp.faerylands was decided to be  born by our skilled Elf Gildor.

#789 Fri, May28 2021 10:08am

Maenas
Traveller

So it's a "Born of hope" history, thank you both (and other implied) for making it possible smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#790 Fri, May28 2021 12:05pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

the old site is still available (some pages) on the wayback machine (webarchives.com)  under the old name : mmp.perilousrealm.com (maybe I shoulc redirect the link in the link section to point directly there)

As a side note, originally it meant "Marc Mithril Pages" later Mithrandir Mithril Pages and in finally "Many Mithril Pages" smile

#791 Fri, May28 2021 1:32pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ahh, seems a long time ago now. Does anyone know how Marc is?

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#792 Fri, May28 2021 4:48pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Hm ... Master Gildor is completely right about the changes of the old names of MMP. I can confirm that.

Well, Master Barliman, in those days I tried hard, also with the help of Mistress Wendy, to contact Marc again. All that unfortunately was in vain. Sorry, Master Barliman, that I cannot be of any help concerning that matter.

#793 Fri, May28 2021 4:57pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It always worries me when someone's life changes so dramatically that we never hear a peep from them again. Or perhaps I just worry too much.

#794 Fri, May28 2021 7:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I don't know how we could reach Marc Campbell anymore (that's his name right?) His old email is linked to perilousrealm which does not exist anymore either hmm

#795 Sat, May29 2021 6:31pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

hi all

I am still about. Ish. mostly.

#796 Sun, May30 2021 9:28am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

That's good to know, Gavin. Keep on, please.

#797 Sun, May30 2021 11:55am

Maenas
Traveller

Hello Gavin, glad to see you around, I really thought we had lost you on the way.
Hope you visit us a bit more, now that Elrond is on it's way to your great country. smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#798 Tue, Jun1 2021 1:39am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Elrond was sent last week, and I'm sure Gavin will let us know of his arrival. And yes, I miss Marc and many others who have faded away over the years. But many of us still are here after over 15 years, and after three decades of collecting Mithrils.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#799 Tue, Jun1 2021 7:54am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Whether or not I am actually here is debatable (well, Mrs B thinks it is), but yes, I still enjoy collecting, painting and playing with toy soldiers as much as I ever did. Still very much a child at heart, and more of a Tolkien emthusiast than ever.

#800 Tue, Jun1 2021 7:58am

Mornedhel
Traveller

I am waiting Elrond for years with patience. We have so many castles and ruins to visit (and the infamous Orval abbey where monks brew their famous beer)

Board footer